Friday, March 2, 2007

Another non- Trollope book

I have started another novel - Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. I read a stellar review of this book a few years ago, along with an interesting article on the author, and I decided to buy the book for my husband Nick. Nick read some of it, but got bogged down and did not finish it.

I started reading this a few days ago, and while it is very intensely interesting, I can see why Nick got bogged down. The novel, so far, switches between stories of several different people, and each storyline is so complicated that I have trouble moving from one character to another. Also, some of the subject matter is quite elevated and complex - mathematical equations and theories - and I feel like I need more information in the section to fully process the information.

Hopefully, I'll finish this, and it will be worthwhile.

I think I will take The Warden off the shelf, just to be on the safe side.

No comments: